Are you ready to reach an international audience online? Then you might need the assistance of a global SEO software tool to help you expand your reach and connect with customers beyond your country's borders.
Conversion rates for potential buyers who came to your site via a search engine can result in a 14.6% conversion rate. Compared to the low conversation rate of just 1.7% for traditional advertising, this rate is outstanding. Therefore, it might just be time you jump in and give your website the SEO makeover it needs to start driving international traffic to your site and converting those leads into paying clients.
In this article, you’ll discover our favorite global SEO software and get a short run down on each tool to help you make a decision about which to use to take your SEO to the next level.
Ready to hit the first page on Google? At Embarque, here are some of our recommendations that can help you get there!
First things first: what is global SEO?
Focussing on improving your global SEO simply means that you ensure general SEO practices are followed and go through a few extra steps to ensure your website is optimized for multiple locations and languages worldwide to increase your market pool. This may involve using translations to attract users of different languages or editing the text to speak to a new buyer across the seas.
Read the Embarque comprehensive guide to global SEO to dive into the details about what it is, why it’s important and how to use international SEO effectively.
What to look for in an excellent global SEO software
- The tool can recommend where to improve your website speed and test your page speed to track improvements.
- The application may be able to optimize your images.
- The software can assist you with additional keyword research for an international audience.
- You can trust the service to help you translate your content.
- The price of the tool suits your business goals and budget.
Top 5 global SEO software recommended by experts
Ahrefs Multilingual SEO tool takes out the guesswork of finding keywords that work for an international audience.
Their Keyword Explorer can help you discover new keywords and compare their search volume and difficulty scores to finalize your SEO strategy. Unlike some keyword research tools, Ahrefs allows you to search your query in a target country and view the search volume for each keyword for each location (not just for all total global searches).
Additionally, they have a guide on translating your content to another language while practicing good SEO.
Price: Monthly subscriptions start at $99 for one user.
- Ahrefs is a comprehensive tool that can help you with all aspects of SEO in one place.
- User-friendly interface.
- One of the more expensive software options.
- Data analysis is only refreshed once per week.
- Google Search Console
Over 86% of traffic goes to Google for their search over other competitor search engines. Therefore, where better to get help with global SEO than Google Search Console, which accurately provides search volume numbers across different regions
Google provides your website with an International Targeting report which can keep tabs on your hreflang errors and select a location for your search targets.
- No costs are associated with the software.
- Easy to use.
- Limited functions and features.
- The tools only considers the searches made through Google.
- No features for analyzing your competition.
The last thing you have time to organize when you’re trying to run a business is translating your text and ensuring the quality is up to your standards. That’s where Lokalise comes in.
The Lokalise system helps you manage and receive translations for your website to convert your blog posts and website pages into a new language to reach an entirely new audience.
- Free trial for 14 days.
- Plans from $120 per month.
- Prices for translation start at around $0.08 per word.
- There is also the option for a discount with Lokalise if you are a non-profit organization.
- Save time with translation services.
- User-friendly interface.
- All file types are supported to save you time converting to new formats.
- Reasonable price for professional translation services.
- Many users experience a learning curve when using the software due to the overwhelming options available.
- Pricing may be out of budget for start-ups and smaller businesses.
Weglot recognizes your desire to improve your multilingual SEO and helps you with best practices for the new languages on your website. They offer translation services and guides on how to ensure you are following the recommended global SEO practises.
Price: From $99 per year for one language. Free trial option for the first 2,000 words.
- Translation services alongside server-side translation ensure you work under Google’s best practices guidelines.
- Hreflang tags are automatically added.
- Translation services also cover essential metadata.
- Content ownership of translated content is ambiguous.
- Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog sends a Spider to crawl through your website and detect all tech errors, hrefland tags, and broken links to help you recognise where to fix issues within your site to improve your SEO.
Price: £149 per year for 1-4 licenses per user, with an option for utilizing their multiple license discount.
- The free plan is also available with limited features.
- Great tool for small and medium-sized business owners.
- Am advanced tool that requires good background knowledge of SEO.
- The user interface is clunky and outdated in appearance.
More SEO tools
If you have researched the suggested six tools and can’t quite find the software that hits the nail on the head for your business needs, here are a selection of other tools that can assist you with global SEO tasks or general keyword research:
- Hreflang checker
- Aleyda Solis hreflang generator
- Merkle hreflang tag testing tool
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Google Analytics
- Google Trends
- Rank Tracker
- SEO Scout
- Keywords Everywhere
Time to put your global SEO plan into action
You are now well equipped to sign up for one of the recommended global SEO software and start connecting with a new international audience.
Find a complete international SEO checklist in our previous global SEO article to help you work through the best SEO practices recommended by our experts.